I realize I get excited about a lot of stuff, particularly beauty products that work for me and make me feel like a million bucks. I mean, it’s one thing to feel good and whole and happy on the inside, this blog post just isn’t about that lol.
No but seriously. When you feel confident on the outside, that sure doesn’t hurt the inside, amirite? It’s six of one, half a dozen of the other. Kind of?
K TO THE POINT: let’s look at my favourite beauty products–some new, some long tested and true. I’m putting a expiry date on this for you to try these before the end of the year merely to put some fire under your ass to try these because I’m that confident you’ll also be obsessed.
Head to my IGTV post, ‘My Ride-or-Die Beauty Products’ for the in depth review.
- Kopari Coconut Rose Toner – I love spraying this on my face post cleanse, before I apply eye cream, serums or moisturizers. It has calming ingredients to sooth and moisturize the skin, and witch hazel to combat redness and blemishes. I also use it as a makeup setting spray AND sometimes to rejuvenate my makeup mid-day.
- Kopari Coconut Body Glow – This is such a pretty shimmer to put all over your legs before going out, or on the chest and collarbone area. It makes you look more tanned and the shimmer just hits in allllll the right places.
- Benefit ‘They’re Real’ Beyond Mascara in Jet Black – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve repurchased this mascara. Out of all the mascaras I’ve ever tried, I just can’t find one that out does this one. It works even better after it’s been used for about a week and gets that thicker, tackier texture, if that makes sense. It’s so volumizing AND lengthening and you can really go to town with a bunch of coats if that’s your thing. (definitely my thing). I recently removed my lash extentions and this is the only thing that’s helping me not feel like I have bald lids.
- First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy A.M. Gel Cream – Like a burst of cool hydration on your tired eyes. I find this really helps to depuff, but also moisturize and prime the eye area for makeup. You can also store this in the fridge so it’s extra cold and refreshing on puffy eyes. I HATE PUFFY EYES in the morning. It’s like putting lipstick on a pig – I just can’t look good when my eyes look tired!
- Hello Fab Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer – ugh, this is like a delicious drink of water for my skin in the morning! I rub it in after cleansing and moisturizing– just before I apply my makeup. It really preps the skin for makeup and ensures it’s all glowy/dewy/moisturized and ready to go.
- Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape – I’ve mentioned this quite a bit before and I just can’t stop talking about it because it’s that good. (And plz note: I’m a picky as they come when it comes to concealer.) I like this because it brightens and contours, but it’s the most full coverage concealer I’ve ever used without it turning cakey. It’s a very thick formula, but it’s still moisturizing enough that it doesn’t settle into fine lines. I use Light Sand and it’s perfect for me unless I’m really tanned in the summer. And even then I mix it with something else and still awesome. You have to order this from the Tarte website unless you go to an Ulta in the states! (Not even Sephora in the States!) Shape Tape, why you so hard to get? Maybe that’s why I like it so much. God I have problems.
- Uniful Beauty Liquid Foundation – I’m so glad I got my hands on this sample because it’s one of the best foundations I’ve ever tried. It’s SO lightweight and airy – it feels like you’re not wearing any makeup at all. All you need is a good concealer (they have one too!) on your trouble spots or under your eyes/t-zone, and you’re good to go. This is such a pretty foundation and it’s also made of all certified organic ingredients. Bonus: It’s also made in my home town, Winnipeg! Win win.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – Intense Hydration Skin Protectant – I love this moisturizer so much because it’s literally like the be-all-end-all of moisturizers. It just does so much. I put it all over my face and even though it’s so thick, I don’t break out from it at all. I also slather it on my feet before bed sometimes, and just apply it anywhere that’s feeling dry. In my opinion, this is a must-have in your product bag or cabinet.
- Uniful Beauty Highlighter in Summer Glow – Again, this brand is just plain awesome because of the fact it’s made of natural, organic ingredients but performs as well as any of the other brands. This highlight is so pretty for the cheeks, collarbone, nose, cupid’s bow, and inner corners of the eye and under the eyebrows.
- (not pictured) Monat Air Dry Cream – I’m obsessed with this hair product. I wash my hair (with all Monat products, because I’m obsessed with the whole line and can’t rave about it enough), and then apply this cream as a leave in conditioner/detangler, then sleep on it! I always wake up to lots of volume and shine and bounce – if you have texture in your hair, this will definitely help you achieve natural, messy beach waves.
- (Not pictured) Dove Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo – Nothing fancy about this, but it just plain works. It freshens my (frequently) unwashed hair, gives volume at the roots, and takes away the greasy look–it just does what I want it to do. I’ve tried a lot of dry shampoos in my day and, lately anyways, I’m liking this one the best.